Car Accident Attorney in Phoenix
Car accident injuries can cost you thousands of dollars in medical expenses, property damage, and lost wages. They can also take a considerable toll on your physical and mental well-being. If you suffered serious injuries in a car accident in Phoenix that was not your fault, you likely qualify to receive compensation. However, you need a Phoenix car accident lawyer to help navigate the claims process and get the compensation you deserve.
A Phoenix car accident lawyer from Gallagher & Kennedy can help you recover financial compensation. Our Phoenix personal injury lawyers can hold the liable party accountable and seek the financial recovery you need. Call our law firm at (602) 530-8400 for a free consultation today. Our Phoenix car accident lawyers can explain your options, answer your questions, and address your concerns.
Why Choose Our Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers?
Gallagher & Kennedy is a full-service personal injury law firm headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, and we’ve been serving clients for more than 40 years. We have a legal team that boasts more than 210 collective years of experience, so we are well-equipped to assist personal injury clients regardless of what challenges they may face.
Gallagher & Kennedy Is One of the Ten Largest Firms in the State of Arizona
Our Phoenix car accident attorneys—each with their own style and niche areas of experience— work together to provide comprehensive representation to our car accident clients in Phoenix. We are motivated to provide the highest caliber of legal service we can.
Our Phoenix car accident law firm has a long history of working on catastrophic car accident cases. We’ve seen the breadth of injuries and hardships these situations often leave victims with. Our Phoenix car accident attorneys consider it our duty to see these clients through to the financial results they need and deserve from the party responsible. We step in when insurance companies value profits more than people’s lives. Our lawyers are compassionate and committed to each client.
Our Car Accident Law Firm Has the Reputation and Resources You Need
Our adversaries know that we back every case with tireless advocacy. When our Phoenix car accident lawyers negotiate with the insurance company, we know the strength of our claim and can move to trial if necessary.
Even our competitors recognize the edge we provide to personal injury victims. Many smaller firms in the area refer tough car accident cases to us.
They know we have the experience, skills, and a network of vast resources to do the job properly. Going the distance for clients is one thing but having the resources to sustain that passion is another. Our car accident law firm in Phoenix is prepared to support you with the extent of our financial resources. We perform an in-depth workup of your case, often requiring access to top-notch investigators, tools, and experts.
We are fortunate to have the ability to fund the kind of investigation and case-building that leads to multi-million-dollar results for Phoenix car accident claimants.
6 Ways Our Phoenix Auto Accident Lawyers Can Help with Your Claim
We begin each case with a detailed investigation. Our injury lawyers take the time to understand everything about your collision, so we can determine a course of action moving forward. We want to have a clear picture of your case on both a factual and legal level.
Some of the responsibilities of your Phoenix auto accident lawyer include:
1. Investigating the Cause of Your Car Crash
To recover the compensation you need, we must learn the cause of your collision. This allows us to determine who should pay for your losses. We can work with experienced investigators and crash experts to develop an accurate picture of the collision. We gather evidence, speak to witnesses, review the crash report, examine the scene, and reconstruct the accident if necessary.
Our investigation intends to answer these questions:
- Who caused the car accident?
- How did the at-fault party act negligently?
- When did the motor vehicle crash happen?
- What was each party doing immediately before the collision?
- Was anybody intoxicated when the accident happened?
- What happened in the car collision’s immediate aftermath?
- Who owns the involved vehicles?
- Was anybody on the clock when the auto collision happened?
2. Retrieving Evidence
We may need to gather extensive evidence to support your injury case.
While investigating your Phoenix car crash, a lawyer from our firm may retrieve the following types of evidence (in addition to others):
- Traffic footage
- Surveillance video
- Dashcam video
- Cell phone video
- Cell phone records indicating call and text history
- Vehicle event data
- Witness testimony
Investigations can get complicated. While our team hits the pavement to investigate your collision, you can rest easy and spend time with loved ones.
3. Identifying Fault and Determining Liability
The end goal of an investigation is to determine fault and liability. The at-fault party (usually a motorist) causes your collision in Phoenix. The liable party (usually the motorist’s insurer) pays for your losses. Sometimes, car accident cases can have multiple at-fault and liable parties.
The at-fault party in your case may include:
- Another driver: Negligent driving and intentional misconduct are often the driver-related causes of an auto accident. A driver may act negligently when they drive while intoxicated, speed, or “cut off” other motorists.
- A tire company: Our law firm has handled countless car accident claims in which defective tires caused crashes. If a defective car part led to your collision, we can recoup damages through a product liability claim.
- Car manufacturer: When car parts and equipment fail, it could be a sign of a manufacturing problem. Sometimes, vehicles are recalled because of problematic parts, but not all drivers are aware of the recall. Other times, manufacturers may fail to include certain vehicles in the recall. In any case, our lawyers investigate the vehicle for signs of manufacturing issues.
- A construction company: If the hazards of a construction site cause a car accident, the site owner or construction company may be responsible. Falling objects, debris scattered onto the roadway, and obstructing or mishandled machinery can lead to a car accident.
4. Communicating with the Other Parties
With a Phoenix car accident attorney on your side, you won’t need to worry about what to say to the insurance company. Not only do we provide legal guidance for speaking to the insurance adjuster, but we also do it for you. Our firm manages all case-related phone calls, video conferences, emails, and face-to-face meetings.
You can rest easy knowing you won’t be inundated with questions or requests for documents and information. Likewise, we manage the retrieval of key documents, like medical records, so you don’t have to.
5. Demanding and Negotiating for Fair Compensation
Once your injury lawyer has concluded their investigation and calculated your losses, we can demand compensation from the liable party. We work hard to prepare a case that compels fair and full compensation.
Our Phoenix injury lawyers can negotiate from a viewpoint that includes intimate knowledge of the value of your case, strong insight into traffic and insurance laws, and years of experience countering unfair insurance tactics. This vantage point allows us to negotiate at the highest possible level.
6. Filing a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Our Phoenix car accident lawyers work with insurers to negotiate a fair car accident settlement to the extent that it remains fruitful. If the insurance company is uninterested in awarding an appropriate amount of compensation, we won’t hesitate to file a lawsuit. We are a full-service litigation firm that has tried some of the biggest cases in the country.
What Can I Expect When I Speak with a Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer?
You can get answers to some of your most pressing questions. That way, you can put your concerns to rest.
You can learn about:
- The benefits of working with our Phoenix injury team
- Your legal rights and options
- Whether you could file a lawsuit
- Information specific to your situation
- The various laws that apply to your case
- What to expect in a personal injury case
Our Firm Can Demonstrate How Another’s Negligence Caused Your Collision
Many car accident cases require your Phoenix car accident injury lawyer to establish negligence.
Using evidence, this means showing:
- The other party had a civil obligation to act with reasonable care. For motorists, this means obeying traffic laws and signals.
- The other party violated this obligation through their carelessness, recklessness, or omission.
- The other party caused your car accident and resulting injuries.
- You have damages stemming from the collision, such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and property damage costs.
We don’t have to prove negligence if a faulty vehicular component or car part led to your condition. In a product liability case, we only have to prove that the defective product caused your accident and injuries.
How Much Compensation Can a Phoenix Car Accident Lawyer Recover for Me?
A car accident attorney at our Phoenix injury law firm can help you recover damages that encapsulate your financial and non-financial losses. The exact amount you can recover is indeterminable until you reach maximum medical improvement, and we consider your future losses. Only then can your attorney be in a position to provide an accurate valuation of your case.
Recoverable damages in your car accident claim may include:
- The cost of medical treatment
- Physical rehabilitation
- Accessibility modifications for your home or vehicle
- Mobility aids and other assistive devices (such as a wheelchair, walker, prostheses, etc.)
- Vehicle repairs or replacement costs
- Travel expenses
- Lost income and job benefits
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
- Loss of enjoyment of activities
Your specific damages may vary from the above list. By connecting with our legal team, you can learn about other types of compensable losses not included here.
We Advocate for Wrongful Death Claimants in Phoenix
If you’ve lost a loved one due to a car accident, your family could recover compensation for wrongful death. Filing a lawsuit may not be necessary. We could first try resolving your case through negotiations with the liable insurer. If the insurer doesn’t offer a settlement, we could explore filing your case in civil court.
Who Can File a Lawsuit for Wrongful Death?
Per Arizona law, only certain parties have the right to file a wrongful death case. These parties include the decedent’s spouse, parents, legal guardian, children, or personal representative. Our team can evaluate your situation and explain whether you could pursue legal action through a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
What Damages Can the Family Recover in a Wrongful Death Claim?
In a wrongful death claim, the decedent’s family is entitled to recover losses they suffered as a result of losing a loved one.
Your recoverable damages can include:
- Funeral, cremation, or burial costs
- Loss of financial support and benefits
- Loss of services
- Loss of companionship, care, guidance, protection, and more
- Pain and suffering
- Out-of-pocket damages unique to your situation
We offer our deepest condolences and an opportunity to seek justice after losing a loved one.
We Combat ALL Challenges to Your Case’s Progression
Insurance companies don’t always act in good faith. Some stoop to low levels to deny injured claimants compensation. You don’t have to worry about this happening with a car accident lawyer in Phoenix by your side. Our years of experience have given us keen insight into how insurers combat claims.
We’re ready to help if:
The Insurer Denies Your Claim
It’s not unusual for an insurer to deny a claim based on its first submission. However, it must offer a reason for the claim’s denial. This allows you to change your strategy based on the insurer’s reasoning.
Some reasons for denied claims include:
- There’s not enough information to support your accident’s cause.
- There are disputes regarding fault and liability.
- You don’t have appropriate coverage.
Our team can learn the reason for a denied claim and take action appropriately. This may involve consulting with field experts, reevaluating our legal strategy, and threatening litigation.
The Other Party Denies Fault
If the at-fault party denies responsibility, this could compel the insurer to deny your claim. It may continue denying compensation until you present more evidence or otherwise assert your right to damages. Our team comprises seasoned investigators who know how to prove collisions’ causes.
The Insurer Offers Less Than You Need
You and the liable insurance company have two different goals. You want to recover compensation for your past, present, and future injury-related losses. The insurer wants to make money selling policies and limiting payouts. To reach its goal, the insurer may offer less than you need and pressure you to accept.
Our auto accident lawyers don’t have time for low settlement offers. If the insurer wants to negotiate in good faith, we can do so. If not, we can file a civil lawsuit and pursue what you need in court.
What Should I Do After My Car Accident in Phoenix? (5 Steps)
If this is your first time getting into a serious car accident, you may have many questions about your next steps. You shouldn’t have to spend hours Googling questions or asking friends for their opinions. Instead, you can consult with our car accident lawyers. We can explain what measures could promote your right to compensation.
We’ve included five of those recommendations below:
1. Seek Medical Attention
You lay the groundwork for your personal injury case by seeking medical attention. This could involve visiting an emergency room, urgent care center, or primary care provider.
- Generates information to support your case. We can use testimony from your doctor to assert that you have a collision-related injury. We can also use your medical bills and other receipts to learn about your care costs.
- Helps you reach maximum medical improvement. You want to make a full recovery from your collision. Visiting a doctor and following through with a treatment plan helps you accomplish that.
It’s also vital to follow through with your treatment plan. If your doctor orders you to take a medication, do so as prescribed. If you must attend physical therapy, attend each appointment. Any failure to follow through with your treatment plan could give the liable insurer reason to contest your claim.
2. Leave All Insurance-Related Matters to Your Lawyer
You don’t have to answer a single phone call or email from the liable insurance company. Your car crash lawyer takes care of those obligations. That’s because insurance companies try many tactics to take advantage of injured people in your position. We protect you from those tactics and pursue the best possible outcome for your case.
3. Know Your Legal Rights
The insurance company hopes that you don’t understand your legal rights. That way, it can get away with offering less than you’re owed.
Here are some things you should know as an injured claimant:
- You don’t have to give a recorded statement. That’s not necessary for pursuing compensation. Rather, it’s a strategy the insurer employs to derail your case.
- You don’t have to accept the first settlement offer. You have every right to vet potential settlement offers from the insurance company. You don’t have to accept any offer if it’s not fair—and that includes the first one.
- You have the right to work with a car accident attorney. The insurance company may say: “Your collision wasn’t that bad; you don’t need a lawyer.” Think again. That’s the insurance company’s way of trying to take advantage of you. You have every right to partner with a personal injury lawyer, even if you’re unsure about your legal rights.
You don’t have to remain in the dark about your legal options. Instead, you can consult with our car accident lawyers. We’re eager to put your concerns to rest, so you can make well-informed decisions.
4. Keep Track of Your Injury-Related Losses
We want you to recover full and fair compensation for your injury-related losses. While your car accident lawyer can calculate your losses, there are some things we could overlook without your help.
We advise keeping track of:
- Your missed time from work
- Your required medical attention
- Any changes to your day-to-day life
- Any in-home help you hired
Our team can explain more about your post-accident measures during your free case review. We may offer specific measures that meet your situation’s needs.
5. Limit Your Social Media Usage
Anything you share online, whether it’s an innocuous photo or post, could jeopardize your case. That’s because claims adjusters constantly look for information to downplay injured people’s damages. Imagine that you share a picture of yourself at a party. It’s an old photo. Yet, the claims adjuster may not know this, and argue that because you were well enough to attend a party, you’re not nearly as injured as you claim.
During your case’s progression, we suggest limiting your social media posts. We also recommend tightening your privacy settings. This way, you give the insurance less information to deal with when combating your claim.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Car Accidents in Phoenix?
As noted earlier, learning the cause of your accident lets us determine who should pay for your losses. We’ve managed car accident cases stemming from:
Driver Error—the Leading Cause of Collisions
Many traffic collisions in Phoenix arise from the wrongful actions of other drivers, including:
- Failing to follow traffic signs and signals
- Weaving in and out of lanes
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or fatigue
- Driver inexperience
- Distracted driving, such as texting
- Aggressive driving
- Improper turns
If another driver’s negligence caused your collision, you could hold their insurance company liable. All motorists must carry liability insurance. This could offer a route of pursuing damages in the aftermath of your collision.
Vehicle-related problems can also lead to accidents. Some of these issues arise from poor maintenance. Others are out of the driver’s hands—like when a new car comes off the lot with issues.
The most common source of vehicle problems include these malfunctioning or defective auto parts:
You could file a product liability claim if a defective vehicle or car part caused your accident. You could also sue a mechanic if their poor handiwork resulted in your losses.
Environmental conditions, which are entirely out of a driver’s control, contribute to traffic accidents in Phoenix.
Some of these conditions are:
- Road hazards
- Bad weather
- Low light visibility
- Obstructions of view
- Poor road design
- Defective traffic signs and signals
A car accident attorney at our law firm can uncover the cause of your accident and pursue the damages you need.
What Injuries Allow Me to Seek Compensation in a Phoenix Car Accident Claim?
A study on the pattern and severity of crash injuries reveals that car accident injuries most frequently occur to the legs, arms, face, and head/neck. Yet, even if you suffered another type of injury, you can seek damages.
Our Phoenix lawyers advocate for car accident claimants who have suffered:
- Lacerations (cuts)
- Abrasions (scrapes)
- Contusions (bruises)
- Fractured arms, legs, and facial bones
- Crushed arms and legs
- Traumatic brain injury
- Head/skull injury
- Neck injury
- Spinal injury
- Pelvic injury
- Chest injury
- Abdominal injury
- Internal organ damage
A Phoenix Arizona car accident lawyer at Gallagher & Kennedy can help you fight for compensation.
What Do Previous Clients Share About the Phoenix Car Accident Attorneys at Gallagher & Kennedy?
We could go on all day about our commitment to client satisfaction. Yet, we believe that injured claimants best sum up our abilities.
When asked about their experience working with our team, some have described us as:
We have countless reviews on our website and other various platforms. We post these reviews so you can feel confident about partnering with our injury firm.
Frequently Asked Questions About Car Accident Cases in Phoenix
While weighing your legal options, you may ask:
How Long Does It Take to Recover Compensation?
How long it takes to recover compensation depends on many factors unique to your situation, including the at-fault party. We aim to secure compensation as quickly as possible so you can start rebuilding your life. We intend to hold the insurance company accountable for what you need—and that means combating any challenges to your case’s progression.
What Determines My Phoenix Car Accident Settlement’s Value?
How much you can recover for your accident-related losses depends on your situation.
We can’t answer how much you could recover without reviewing:
- Your condition’s severity
- The cost of your economic damages, such as replacing your car
- The liable insurance policy
- Your role in the accident
- The availability of evidence
We intend to seek the full cost of your injury-related expenses, including those you haven’t incurred yet.
Do I Have to Take My Car Accident Case to Court to Get Compensation?
Our years of advocating for injured people have taught us one thing: most car accident cases never see the inside of a courtroom. That’s because we resolve many of these claims through negotiations with insurance companies.
Yet, we may move forward with a civil lawsuit if:
- The insurer refuses to offer the full cost of what you’re owed.
- Your lawyer believes you could seek punitive damages.
- There are disputes regarding fault and liability.
- The statute of limitations in your case could expire soon.
We don’t want you to worry about litigation. You don’t have to present your case before a judge and jury without representation. Our team manages everything these cases handle, including litigation.
How Long After a Phoenix Car Accident Can I Sue the At-Fault Party?
Arizona law generally allows two years to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party in a car accident. The clock begins to run from the date of the collision. If you want to file a wrongful death lawsuit, the same two-year deadline applies (except it starts from the date of your loved one’s passing).
Keep this deadline in mind, as a proper case requires time to build, especially if you have sustained catastrophic injuries. Treatment can take a year to complete or longer, and you want to give your car accident lawyer ample time to build your case.
There are also exceptions to the statute of limitations. Some of these exceptions could give you a longer or shorter filing period. Our firm can help you understand which exceptions (if any) apply to your case.
Speak to Gallagher & Kennedy About Your Car Accident Case Today
If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, a Phoenix car accident attorney at Gallagher & Kennedy can help. We understand how challenging this time is for you and your family. We have the financial wherewithal, experience, and legal team necessary to seek the best possible outcome. Our law firm delivers high-caliber legal service with compassion. Call us today at (602) 530-8400 for your free consultation.
Galleger Kennedy – Phoenix Office
2575 E Camelback Rd, Suite 1100, Phoenix, AZ 85016 Tel: (602) 530-8400