Kevin is a Phoenix personal injury lawyer with over 30 years of experience with serious injury and wrongful death cases. Many of these have been high profile complex cases. His area of particular emphasis is aviation crashes and the handling of wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury claims due to medical malpractice and product defects. Kevin is driven to provide his clients with answers. He serves as an advocate for people and families wronged by powerful organizations and large corporations. He has obtained outstanding results on behalf of his clients and his representation has led to significant multimillion dollar recoveries.
In addition to being retained directly by those injured in horrible crashes and their families, Kevin is often sought out by other personal injury lawyers who require a skilled and experienced trial lawyer to either handle or work with them on their cases. He is frequently asked to be co-counsel on such matters because of his experience and knowledge, as well as my commitment to bringing individual attention and the full force and intellect of the firm to bear for our clients.
After graduating from the University of Kansas, Kevin completed his legal studies at the Arizona State University College of Law. Kevin is admitted to practice law before all Arizona State Courts, the United States District Court for Arizona, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. He has represented clients throughout Arizona, as well as in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Alabama and Georgia.
Kevin is a member of the Arizona State Bar, the Maricopa County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. Kevin has also earned the prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been honored in “Best Lawyers” and “Super Lawyers.”
Being involved in the community is a large part of who Kevin is outside the practice of law. Kevin serves on the Board of Directors for the Valleywise Health Foundation as its Chairperson. The Foundation is a 501(c) charity which supports the mission of Arizona’s only public safety net medical facility, the Arizona Burn Center and the largest teaching hospital in the region.
Kevin is a former member of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Advisory Posse and the New York based Explorers Club. He is a resident of Scottsdale, Arizona and serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the City of Scottsdale. His many interests include flying, scuba diving, skiing, climbing and competitive shooting sports. See Kevin’s profile on our main website.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating , Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2017-2020; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2020
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, 2016-2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2018
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Recognized as 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 16, 2017
- 24 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers, April 10, 2017
- Arizona and California Behavioral Health Centers Sue Health Net for Failing to Properly Pay Claims Related to Drug and Alcohol (Behavioral Health) Treatment, November 7, 2016
- Kevin Neal Appointed to Maricopa Health Foundation Board of Directors, October 25, 2016
- 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 17, 2016
- Twenty-Six G&K Attorneys Selected to 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers’ List, April 11, 2016
- G&K Adds New Shareholder, Kevin D. Neal, to the Firm’s Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Practice Group, July 31, 2013