Kevin is a formidable and proven trial advocate with more than 30 years of experience in injury and death cases. His practice focuses on high-profile and complex claims involving fraud, aviation crashes and the handling of wrongful death and catastrophic personal injury due to medical malpractice and product defects. Driven to provide his clients with the answers they deserve, Kevin zealously defends the rights of individuals and families wronged by powerful organizations and large corporations.
Fearless in the pursuit of justice, Kevin has obtained stellar results on behalf of his clients, including significant, multi-million-dollar recoveries. A masterful tactician who believes in meticulous and comprehensive case analysis, preparation, and investigation, Kevin is valued for his convincing and influential written and oral arguments, ability to establish trust and rapport, and highly effective negotiation skills. Kevin’s ability to tell each client’s unique story both in and out of court and before judges and juries alike make him a veritable force when it comes to realizing the right result.
In addition, Kevin is frequently sought out by other lawyers requiring a skilled and experienced trial advocate to either handle or work with them on their cases. He is frequently asked to serve as co-counsel on such matters because of his proven track record of success, intellectual acuity, relentless tenacity, and extraordinary drive to succeed. Moreover, Kevin is dedicated to bringing individual attention and the full force and intellect of the firm to bear for his clients.
After graduating from the University of Kansas, Kevin completed his legal studies at the Arizona State University College of Law. He is admitted to practice before all Arizona State Courts, the United States District Court for Arizona, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Kevin has represented clients throughout Arizona, as well as in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Alabama, Georgia, and Alaska. A member of the Arizona State Bar, the Maricopa County Bar Association, and the American Bar Association, Kevin also earned the prestigious AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell and has been honored in “Best Lawyers” and “Super Lawyers” over his many years of practice.
Community involvement is a large part of who Kevin is outside of the law. He served on the Board of Directors for the Valleywise Health Foundation (VHF) as its Chairperson. VHF is an organization that supports the mission of Arizona’s only public safety net medical facility, the Arizona Burn Center, and the largest teaching hospital in the region. In addition, Kevin is an Arizona Ranger serving as a training and firearms instructor. He is also a member of the New York based Explorers Club.
Kevin’s many personal interests include flying, scuba diving, skiing, climbing, and competitive shooting sports. See Kevin’s profile on our main website.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating , Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2017-2023; Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2020-2023
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, 2016-2020
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Phoenix Magazine, Top Lawyer, 2022
- Obtained record-setting $85M settlement for State of Arizona in consumer fraud case against Google.
Gallagher & Kennedy attorneys Kevin D. Neal and Kenneth N. Ralston successfully represented the State of Arizona and the Arizona Attorney General’s Office in the lawsuit against Google for deceptive and unfair practices involving user location data. As lead counsel, Kevin obtained the $85 million settlement – the largest amount per capita the internet giant has paid in a privacy lawsuit of its kind – from Google to settle claims brought against the company under the Arizona Consumer Fraud Act in State of Arizona v. Google.
- Recovered $1,125,000 settlement in major plane crash case in Alaska.
Kevin represented a passenger who was severely injured when the chartered seaplane flew into the side of a mountain during bad weather in Ketchikan, Alaska. The client, who was from Arizona, suffered a severe back injury. The case proceeded in Alaska Federal Court. Kevin’s settlement of $1,125,000 was the largest amount paid to any of the eight passengers who brought claims against the air charter business in Alaska.
- Maintaining a Consistent Fundraising Stream: Lessons Learned From COVID-19, Philanthropy News Digest (PND), June 1, 2020
- Google to Pay Record-Setting $85,000,000 Settlement to the State of Arizona in Consumer Fraud Case, October 4, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® 2023 Recognizes 41 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 18, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® 2022 Recognizes 37 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 19, 2021
- Gallagher & Kennedy Announces Kevin Neal as Lead Counsel in Arizona’s Google Lawsuit, April 16, 2021
- Gallagher & Kennedy Announces 14 Attorneys Selected to 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Lists, April 8, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 36 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 21, 2020
- Fourteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2020, April 6, 2020
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2018
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Recognized as 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 16, 2017
- 24 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers, April 10, 2017
- Arizona and California Behavioral Health Centers Sue Health Net for Failing to Properly Pay Claims Related to Drug and Alcohol (Behavioral Health) Treatment, November 7, 2016
- Kevin Neal Appointed to Maricopa Health Foundation Board of Directors, October 25, 2016
- 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 17, 2016
- Twenty-Six G&K Attorneys Selected to 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers’ List, April 11, 2016
- G&K Adds New Shareholder, Kevin D. Neal, to the Firm’s Personal Injury & Wrongful Death Practice Group, July 31, 2013