Having played a pivotal role in a multitude of high-profile cases, Matt has prominently served on trial teams handling cases of significant societal impact. Noteworthy examples include his contributions to the legal representation of the survivors of the Yarnell, Arizona Hotshot Firefighters’ tragedy, his involvement in multi-district product liability litigation against industry leader C.R. Bard, and his participation in the Cook multi-district litigation concerning defective vena cava filters. Matt’s track record boasts remarkable successes in securing multi-million-dollar settlements on behalf of clients who have suffered severe injuries (or death) due to defective vehicles and catastrophic accidents.
Outside of the firm, Matt finds fulfillment in his personal pursuits. He cherishes quality time spent with his wife and daughter, and enjoys being physically active through golfing, weightlifting, and racquetball.
Honors & Awards
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40 Civil Attorney in Arizona, 2017-2021
- Southwest Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, Personal Injury – Products: Plaintiff, 2018-2023
- Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2020-2024
- $1,200,000 settlement against auto manufacturer for failure to warn claim.
- $500,000 jury verdict for motor vehicle accident in Payson, Arizona.
- $950,000 settlement for rear-end accident.
- $1,000,000 settlement for slip-and-fall.
- $1,900,000 settlement against nursing home.
- $2,000,000 settlement for couple in motor vehicle crash.
- Best Lawyers in America® 2024 Recognizes 52 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys
- 18 G&K Attorneys Selected to 2023 Super Lawyers & Rising Stars
- Best Lawyers in America® 2023 Recognizes 41 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys, August 18 2022
- 13 G&K Attorneys Selected to 2022 Super Lawyers & Rising Stars, April 7, 2022
- Gallagher & Kennedy Announces its 2022 Shareholder Class, January 3, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- Plaintiff’s lawyer Matt Boatman comments regarding Rasmussen’s actions, The Daily Courier, November 16, 2021
- He has traveled extensively in the U.S. and Europe and has a great passion for ancient Greek history.