Phoenix Underinsured Motorist Attorneys
After getting in a car accident, it’s reasonable to expect the liable party’s insurance company to cover the damages. But what if the other party doesn’t have adequate coverage? You might worry about having to cover these damages yourself. Yet, an attorney could help you through the claims process if you get in an accident with an underinsured driver.
At your earliest convenience, call a Phoenix underinsured motorist Attorney from Gallagher & Kennedy. A team member can address your concerns and provide information about your next steps.
Why Partner With Our Underinsured Motorist Lawyers?
If you suffered injuries, it could help your case tremendously to partner with an attorney. This is especially true if the at-fault driver doesn’t have adequate auto insurance to cover your damages.
During the claims process, our legal team can manage your case’s obligations and obstacles. Just because the other driver doesn’t have adequate insurance doesn’t mean you’re without options. Our team fights to get the money you deserve.
The Benefits of Partnering With Our Phoenix Underinsured Motorist Lawyers
When you start working with our firm, you’ll immediately recognize the benefits. We strive to provide quality legal care to our clients. We treat each case like it’s our own.
Benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We provide personalized attention to each case. Using our extensive resources as a large firm, we can handle your case’s nuances.
- We have decades of experience helping clients who face issues regarding underinsured motorists. We understand how the claims process works in these situations and what measures could benefit you.
- We provide compassionate legal representation. When you choose our firm, we take the stresses of your case off your shoulders. Our legal team can take care of any issues regarding your case, so you can focus on moving forward.
The claims adjuster may try to dissuade you from seeking legal representation. They hope that by going through the process alone, you’re more likely to accept a lowball offer. That’s where we step in. Our lawyers can assess your case, investigate the collision, and do everything possible to recover what you’re owed.
How Much Does an Underinsured Motorist Attorney Cost?
What’s the best part about hiring a Phoenix underinsured motorist lawyer from Gallagher & Kennedy? We don’t charge any upfront fees or costs. For instance, when you have questions that need answers, you can reach out to our team for a free consultation. There’s no obligation to partner with us when you call.
Also, we work on a contingency-fee-basis. A contingency fee means we only charge for our legal services when we reach a successful outcome in your case. We do not get paid if you don’t recover compensation for your losses. So, when you work with our team, you don’t take any financial risks.
Types of Compensation Our Underinsured Motorist Attorneys Can Seek
When you get into an accident with an underinsured motorist, you might have worries about fairly resolving your case. With our team by your side, we offer more than legal assistance; we offer hope. We aim to evaluate your losses and identify any compensable damages.
By hiring our team, you could seek full compensation for your losses, even non-monetary losses. Non-monetary losses include subjective losses that relate to your quality of life and the trauma of your condition.
A settlement or court award in your case could comprise:
Your medical expenses could range in value based on how much medical attention you received. For example, if you needed surgeries or required hospitalization, you could recover more compensation than if you required minimal medical care. Our team can closely review your medical bills and receipts to determine what you need.
Compensable medical expenses include:
- Ambulance transportation to the hospital
- Emergency room treatments
- Diagnostic tests to determine the severity of your injury
- Emergency surgeries or ongoing follow-up surgeries
- Prescription or over-the-counter drugs
- Ongoing medical care visits
When you work with Gallagher & Kennedy, our underinsured motorist lawyers serving Phoenix keep you updated on your case’s progression. That way, you can make informed decisions regarding your healthcare and future.
Lost Income and Other Revenue Streams
Suffering a car accident could require you to miss time from work. This may involve using your paid time off or missing paychecks altogether.
You deserve reimbursement for your past, present, and future lost income, including:
- Side jobs
Some injuries could change your life significantly, affecting your regular earning abilities. If your condition will put you out of work indefinitely, you could seek compensation for loss of future earning capacity. Your lawyer in Phoenix can use your pay stubs, employment records, and other documentation to seek what you deserve.
Property Damage Expenses
Because of the accident, your vehicle could have sustained extensive damage to the point of needing repairs or replacement. Yet, the other motorist might not have coverage that fully accounts for your losses. In that case, we can examine your insurance policy to see if you can file a claim with your own insurer. If not, we can explore the possibility of filing a lawsuit.
At Gallagher & Kennedy, we understand the importance of having a functioning vehicle. We can work with auto repair shops to help get your car repaired quickly. That way, you can get back on the road sooner.
Pain and Suffering
A non-monetary damage you could recover includes pain and suffering. This compensates you for the physical pain and trauma you went through because of your injuries. For example, you might have pain while walking, cleaning the house, or even sitting. You could include this loss in your damages if you deal with physical pain.
Our legal team can speak to experts and use formulas to determine how much compensation to seek for this loss. Even though pain and suffering doesn’t come with a pre-determined dollar value, it’s still compensable. Arizona is also one of many states that doesn’t cap how much you can seek for pain and suffering. This means pain and suffering could comprise a significant portion of your claim’s value.
Even the most resilient people can deal with mental health issues or negative psychological issues after a car accident. For example, when you sustain injuries, it could cause you to deal with lingering anxiety or fear. On top of that, the trauma from the accident could cause mental distress.
Many people experience post-traumatic stress disorder after car accidents because of the level of fear they felt right before or during the accident. Post-traumatic stress disorder could cause flashbacks, intrusive thoughts, or nightmares. If you deal with these issues, you could recover compensation. Our team can help you seek the mental health services you might need after suffering from this condition.
Loss of Enjoyment
Loss of enjoyment is exactly what it sounds like. If you can no longer enjoy certain parts of your life, you could recover compensation for these hardships. For example, if you love to run as a form of exercise, but your injury will cause long-term pain when running, you could seek financial recovery for this challenge.
Our attorneys can help you prove you sustained these damages by gathering the appropriate evidence. These items include receipts, bills, and invoices.
You Typically Have Two Years to File a Lawsuit Against the Negligent Party
You generally have two years from the accident date to file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. The sooner you contact us, the more time we have to build your case. We want you to have the best possible chance of reaching a successful outcome. Once the two years pass, you could have few (if any) options for seeking damages.
Our team manages your case’s filing deadline and everything that comes with it. We can file your case in the appropriate court, gather evidence, and guide your claim toward a fair resolution.
Issues That Could Arise in an Underinsured Accident in Phoenix
Our team wants to make the claims process as straightforward as possible. We prepare for any problems that could derail your case. That way, we’re prepared to address them.
We stand ready to advocate for you if:
- The insurance company denies your claim. Insurance companies don’t always come to the negotiating table intending to play fair. If the insurance company unjustly denies your case, we can determine the denial’s reason. Then, we can implement a strategy that aims for an approval and settlement.
- The insurance company demands that you give a recorded statement. You don’t have to give a recorded statement. In fact, your injury lawyer will tell you not to. Why? Because recorded statements only benefit claims adjusters who want to deny claims. Anything you share beyond basic details could hurt your case. We supply all the information needed to the insurer.
- The insurance company employs bad faith insurance practices. Some insurance companies do everything possible to avoid paying damages. This includes intentionally giving injured claimants the runaround when seeking compensation. We protect you from these unscrupulous practices, so you can focus on healing.
- You don’t have sufficient evidence to support your claim. You need evidence from various sources to prove that you suffered injuries in the accident. This information could include photos, videos, and eyewitness testimony. Without evidence, you can’t expect a successful outcome. So, our investigators will gather these items for you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Underinsured Accidents in Phoenix
As you consider partnering with one of our injury lawyers, you may wonder:
How Long Does It Take to Recover Damages?
Some cases resolve in a matter of weeks. That happens when both parties come to the negotiating table in good faith. Yet, other cases take months or even years. Those cases typically have complications or hard-to-resolve disputes.
When you partner with Gallagher & Kennedy, one thing’s for certain: we do everything possible to bolster your claim or lawsuit. This means gathering supporting evidence, communicating with claims adjusters, and understanding your damages. We hope to resolve your case as quickly as possible.
What Should I Do After My Accident?
Seeking medical attention is essential after your collision. Depending on your condition, this may include going to the emergency room or an urgent care center. This does more than promote your health; it also generates much-needed evidence to supplement your case. Your lawyer can use your imaging scans, medication names, and doctor’s testimony to support your case.
When Should I Contact an Underinsured Motorist Accident Lawyer?
We recommend reaching out to our team in Phoenix at your earliest convenience. There are many benefits to letting a lawyer manage your case from the very beginning. For instance, we can take over all communications with the claims adjuster and set the record straight. Also, promptly filing your claim could compel the insurer to settle.
You don’t have to navigate any part of the claims process alone. Instead, let our team take over. That way, you can focus on what matters most: you and your family.
Why We Are Right for You?
- Our firm has helped accident victims in Arizona and around the country for decades. We have the experience you need for a successful insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Our firm has immense resources as the sixth-largest law firm in the state, yet we always dedicate personal attention to each case.
- Our lawyers take clients on a contingency fee basis. You will only pay our service fees if we secure you a compensation award.
Contact Our Underinsured Motorist Team in Phoenix Today
If you or a loved one suffered an accident with an underinsured motorist in Phoenix, contact our personal injury law firm today. Our attorneys provide top-notch legal care when you need it most. With over 210 years of combined experience, we have helped many past clients through similar situations. This experience gives us the knowledge and legal skills needed to overcome your case’s challenges.
“Professional and determined, GK and Austin Kurtz we’re a delight to work with. I’ve worked with several other top firms in town over the years and have had the best overall experience with GK.” – Hunter R. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.
Gallagher & Kennedy — Phoenix Office
2575 E Camelback Rd, Suite 810
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 530-8400