His passionate commitment to the rights of injured or wronged individuals has garnered in excess of $250,000,000 in jury verdicts, arbitration awards, mediation results and negotiated settlements for personal injury, wrongful death, and legal and medical malpractice clients.
Beyond helping his clients obtain compensation for devastating injuries and personal tragedy, Shannon also assists clients with many of the (often non-legal) details of putting their lives back together and moving forward.
From the beginning of his career at Gallagher & Kennedy in 2000, Shannon has been drawn to legal matters that allowed him to advocate for individuals who have been harmed in some way through the fault of others. As a highly skilled Phoenix wrongful death lawyer, Shannon gained invaluable experience in high-profile cases at the state and national levels.
Shannon is deeply committed to his clients, and his effort extends beyond the intricacies of any given lawsuit to champion consumer safety issues for greater social impact. While commanding the fortitude, experience, resources and overall “fire in the belly” needed to take on major manufacturers and institutional defendants, Shannon remains unfailingly sensitive to the human element of each case he handles. He approaches his clients as people first, which makes him broadly effective in understanding his clients’ challenges and advocating their causes. See Shannon’s profile on our main website.
Honors & Awards
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Appellate Practice, 2016-2020; Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2012-2020; Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs, 2020; Professional Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, 2020
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, 2014-2019
- Southwest Super Lawyers®, Top 50 Arizona, 2016
- Southwest Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars Edition, Personal Injury – General: Plaintiff, 2012-2013
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2012-2017
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2012-2013
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, Sustaining Member, 2013-Present
- Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education (AFLSE), Top Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2018
- Phoenix Business Journal, 40 Under 40, 2013
- Phi Beta Kappa, Cornell University, 1996
- Phi Kappa Phi, Cornell University, 1996
- Gold Key National Honor Societies, Cornell University, 1996
- Cornell National Scholarship, Cornell University, 1996
Community & Philanthropy
- Arizona Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired Board of Directors, 2005-2011, 2013-Present
- 100 Club of Arizona Board of Directors, 2015-2017
- ICAN: Positive Programs for Youth, Fund Development Committee Member, 2018-Present; Board of Directors, 2020-Present
- Cayley Manor Homeowners Association Board of Directors, 2008-2011
- Plaintiffs’ Leadership Committee and trial team member for mass tort claims against Bard for defective IVC filters.
- Helped defrauded family resolve settlement fraud claims relating to defective truck tire.
- Helped secure important Arizona Supreme Court ruling that Arizona hospitals can be subject to liability for abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
- Successfully resolved case for victims of failed (and later recalled) telescoping aerial ladder unit on fire engine.
- Helped secure compensation from and government investigation of a major automobile manufacturer that failed to recall a dangerous stuck throttle defect on a popular SUV.
- Resolved legal and accounting malpractice claims against major accounting firm on behalf of heirs to high profile businessman and entrepreneur.
- Successfully represented dozens of tread separation and/or rollover accident victims in product liability cases against Ford Motor Company, Bridgestone/Firestone, Inc., Bridgestone Corporation, Dunlop Tire Company, Cooper Tire and Rubber Company, Kuhmo Tire Company, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, Michelin North America, Yokohama, Sailun, Falken, and most tire manufacturers.
- Member of team representing victims of fuel-fed fires caused by rear-impact collisions in Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors; helped cause Ford to spend $350,000,000 to improve safety of police vehicles.
- After a two-month trial, recovered record settlement for victims of elder abuse at a nursing home.
- Member of trial team for victims of Mexican Hat, Utah ski bus accident.
- Represented family of man who died in Sedona Sweat Lodge tragedy.
- $1,225,000 settlement for parents of teen killed in intersection accident.
- Represented child pedestrian catastrophically impaired by inattentive police officer.
- Confidential settlement for man paralyzed using unstable golf cart.
- Confidential settlements against auto manufacturers for defects causing seatback failure, unwanted acceleration, rollovers, airbag failures, and seatbelt malfunction.
- Practice in all areas of litigation and trial work, including personal injury, commercial litigation and appellate advocacy.
- Handled virtually all varieties of personal injury cases, including product liability, motor vehicle accidents, Dram Shop actions, premises liability, elder abuse, medical malpractice, commercial trucking, sexual assault, and insurance bad faith.
- Represented clients throughout Arizona and in California, Florida, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, New Mexico, New York, Nevada, Ohio, Texas, Virginia and Washington, D.C.
- Demonstrative Evidence, Facts & Findings, March 1, 2013
- The Evolution of Products Liability, A Historical Accounting, Arizona Tort Law Handbook (Co-Author), 2012
- Wrongful Death, Arizona Tort Law Handbook (Co-Author), 2012
- E-Sign of the Times, Newsletter, February, 2001
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2019
- Sixteen Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2019, April 15, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® Recognizes 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys as Leaders in Their Field, August 15, 2018
- Two Gallagher & Kennedy Shareholders Recognized by the Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, July 2, 2018
- Twenty-Two Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2018, April 24, 2018
- 35 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Recognized as 2018 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 16, 2017
- 24 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 Southwest Super Lawyers, April 10, 2017
- 33 Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Named 2017 ‘Best Lawyers in America®’, August 17, 2016
- Twenty-Six G&K Attorneys Selected to 2016 Southwest Super Lawyers’ List, April 11, 2016
- G&K Attorneys Named to 2016 ‘The Best Lawyers in America®’ List, August 17, 2015
- Super Lawyers 2015 Recognizes 18 Attorneys, April 10, 2015
- G&K Attorneys Named to 2015 ‘The Best Lawyers in America®’ List, August 18, 2014
- G&K Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2014, April 11, 2014
- G&K Elects Shareholder Shannon Clark to the Firm’s Board of Directors, February 13, 2014
- 36 G&K Attorneys Named to 2014 Best Lawyers in America® List, August 15, 2013
- Shareholder Shannon Clark Honored in Phoenix Business Journal’s “Forty Under 40” Class of 2013, June 11, 2013
- Twenty Gallagher & Kennedy Attorneys Selected for Southwest Super Lawyers 2013 and an Additional Nine Attorneys Named Southwest Rising Stars 2013, April 12, 2013
- Nearly Two-Thirds of G&K’s Shareholders Named “Best Lawyers in America”, August 22, 2012
- G&K Leads Effort to Recall Ford Escape, July 19, 2012
- Nineteen G&K Attorneys Named “Super Lawyers”, April 16, 2012
- More Than Half of G&K’s Shareholders Named “The Best Lawyers in America”, August 31, 2011
- The Laws of Giving, October 1, 2018
- Gallagher & Kennedy Shareholders Honored by AFLSE, July 12, 2018
- Supreme Court Rules Arizona Hospitals Can be Sued Under State’s Elder Abuse Laws, June 30, 2014
- 40 Under 40 – 2013 Honorees, June 28, 2013
- Gallagher & Kennedy Participates in the 2018 Channel 12 Turkey Tuesday Challenge, November 20, 2018
- Old Tires Pose Tread Separation Risk, October 22, 2014
- Ford Recalls ’01-’04 Escapes After Deadly Arizona Crash, May 13, 2012
- APA Seminar, Managing Success Through the Art of Preparation and Presentation, 2012
- NALA Seminar, Demonstrative Evidence – How to Do It Right, 2011
- State Bar Association, Motor Vehicle Accident Cases: Winning Presentation with the Use of Expert Witnesses and Graphic Illustrations, 2011
- NBI Plaintiff Personal Injury Seminar, Personal Injury Damages, 2006
- State Bar of Arizona, CLE in The Red Rocks, Personal Injury Conference, Product Liability Update; Use of Videos, Infographics and Technology in Mediation and Trial.
Judicial Clerk, Honorable Mary M. Schroeder, Circuit Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, 1999-2000
Phoenix School of Law, Phoenix, AZ, Adjunct Professor, 2012-2013
Arizona Summit Law School, Phoenix, AZ, Adjunct Professor, 2013-2015
Universidad de Sevilla, Seville, Spain, 1994-1995