Phoenix Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Riding on a motorcycle is a fun and fuel-efficient way to get around town. As long as everyone on the road does their part, riding a motorcycle is relatively safe. But unfortunately, some drivers don’t drive their cars in a safe manner, which could cause dangerous accidents for motorcycle riders.
If you or a loved one sustained an injury in a motorcycle accident, the Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers at Gallagher & Kennedy are here to help. Our team can determine who caused the accident and fight for you to receive compensation from the liable party. Anyone can potentially sustain devastating injuries in a motorcycle accident—if it happens to you, let our attorneys be your legal advocates to help ensure that you financially recover.
Gallagher & Kennedy Can Fight For You to Recover Compensation
We handle some of the biggest cases across the country and have the financial resources to take on big corporations and insurance companies.
There are many advantages to choosing our firm over others, including:
- Our attorneys have over 210 collective years of experience in helping personal injury victims. This experience has given us the skills and knowledge needed to resolve cases successfully to benefit our clients. We have handled many accident cases and know how to navigate the legal process.
- We are compassionate about our work and committed to every case and every client. Our main goal is to maximize results for our clients and make them feel supported throughout the entirety of their case. We treat each case like our own and believe our clients deserve justice, especially if someone else’s actions caused their injuries.
- We’ve built a solid team of aggressive negotiators. Using skillful negotiation tactics, our attorneys know how to get insurance companies to make acceptable offers. We have a strong reputation for getting the desired outcome for our clients through settlement negotiations.
- Our team isn’t afraid to litigate your case. If the insurance company refuses to make a fair offer, we aren’t afraid to take your case to court and prove why you deserve to receive the compensation they seek.
If you’re left with debilitating injuries after a motorcycle accident, the last thing you should have to think about is filing a claim or dealing with legal matters. When you choose to work with Gallagher & Kennedy, we can take care of everything for you. With our attorneys by your side, you only have to focus on recovering from your injuries and getting back to your normal life.
Types of Compensation You Could Recover After a Motorcycle Accident
Depending on the severity of the accident, you could end up with significant injuries. Our attorneys can fight for you to receive every type of compensation possible. To determine how much compensation we can seek, the first step is assessing your recoverable damages.
Damages are the losses you incur because of your injuries. The court awards damages to the injured party as a remedy for both their economic and non-economic losses. The liable party must pay damages if there is proof they caused the injuries.
Economic damages are the amount of money a person could recover because of the monetary losses they incurred. The main goal of economic damages is to make someone financially whole again after their injuries. Typically, economic damages are easier to calculate because there are bills, receipts, and other documentation to indicate their value.
You could recover various economic damages after sustaining an injury in a motorcycle accident. The severity of your injuries often greatly impacts the amount of compensation you might receive.
Types of economic damages you could recover after a motorcycle accident include:
- Medical expenses: Motorcycle accidents typically cause extensive injuries because of the lack of protective equipment surrounding motorcyclists—and extensive injuries likely mean extensive medical bills. You could include emergency room visits, ambulance rides, doctor visits, medications, and other medical costs associated with the accident in your claim.
- Future medical expenses: In some cases, motorcycle accident victims sustain injuries that require medical attention for the rest of their lives. If this happens to you, you could include the projected costs of future medical bills in your claim. Our motorcycle accident attorneys can help you calculate these costs.
- Lost income: Regardless of how long you had to miss work, you could recover compensation for your lost income. From a few days to many months, if you lost income, we can help you recover it.
- Future lost income: If your injuries are severe enough that you’re likely to lose future income, you could recover that as well. Our attorneys can also help you recover diminished earning capacity if you must now work in a lesser-paying role because of your injuries.
- Property damage: If your motorcycle or other property sustained damage in the accident, you could include those damages in your claim. If insurance does not cover the costs to replace or repair your property, we can fight for you to get the money you need to have your motorcycle back in good condition.
It’s crucial to keep any bills or receipts that prove the out-of-pocket costs you had to pay. Once you provide us with this documentation, our attorneys can determine the value of your economic damages.
Non-economic damages are the amount of money a person could recover for the non-monetary losses they experienced. For example, if a motorcycle accident victim has dealt with physical pain or emotional distress, they could recover compensation for what they had to endure.
Common non-economic damages after a motorcycle accident include:
- Pain and suffering: These damages include the emotional pain, anguish, discomfort, or inconvenience the injuries caused. Pain and suffering damages also include any pain you felt directly after the accident or ongoing pain you continue to feel.
- Emotional distress: You could recover compensation for any negative psychological impacts you experienced because of the accident or your injuries. Examples include anxiety, depression, fear, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and sleeping issues.
- Loss of enjoyment: If you can no longer participate in activities or hobbies you enjoyed before the accident, you could recover compensation for that loss.
Because non-economic damages do not have a set financial value, calculating them is a trickier process. Our attorneys can help determine what non-economic damages apply in your case.
Compensation After Your Loved One Passed Away
If you lost your loved one, the legal team at Gallagher & Kennedy extends our sincerest condolences. Our attorneys are here to help you and your family hold the liable party accountable. We understand that no amount of money can make the loss hurt less, but it can help to ease any financial burdens that arise after the death of your loved one.
Damages that surviving family members could recover after the death of a loved one include:
- End-of-life services: You could include any end-of-life services for your loved one, such as a funeral, memorial, or celebration of life. The unexpected cost of paying for these services can cause great financial stress. Let our attorneys help you recover the funds, so you don’t have to pay out of your own pocket.
- Laying your loved one to rest: You could also include the costs of any burial or cremation services you had to pay for.
- Loss of consortium: Certain family members can recover compensation for loss of consortium damages, which compensate surviving family members for losing the companionship and support their loved one provided.
Our compassionate attorneys are ready to offer you support throughout your insurance claim or lawsuit. We can help determine if you are eligible for survivorship damages, then fight for you to recover maximum compensation from the liable party. They should have to pay for the loss of life they caused.
Common Causes of Phoenix Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents happen for various reasons. However, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, most multi-vehicle motorcycle crashes generally occur because other drivers didn’t see the motorcyclist. Motorcycle accidents can also happen when another motorist drives carelessly or acts negligently.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents that our firm sees include:
- Cars making left-hand turns at an intersection. Common reasons for left-turn accidents include driver distraction or low visibility.
- Hazards in the road. Motorcycles and potholes do not go well together. If a motorcycle hits a pothole at the wrong angle, it could cause the motorcyclist to lose control. In cases like these, you could sue the city or municipality in charge of the road for not maintaining it properly.
- Other drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Drugs and alcohol can significantly impair a person’s ability to drive. They could think a motorcyclist is further away than they are, or they might never see them at all.
- Motorists who aren’t paying attention. Motorcycles are significantly smaller than other cars on the road, making them easier to miss. If a motorist isn’t paying attention, they could miss a motorcyclist in their blind spot or elsewhere and hit them.
Whatever caused your motorcycle crash, our Phoenix motorcycle accident lawyers can investigate what happened and determine who the liable parties are.
Common Injuries in a Phoenix Motorcycle Crash
Motorcyclists are at significant risk of severe injuries because of their lack of protection. These injuries could cause life-changing impacts or death under some circumstances. Common injuries that motorcyclists sustain in accidents include traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries, severe lacerations, and broken bones.
Any of these injuries could leave the motorcyclist with substantial medical bills and other expenses. If you or a loved one sustained an injury in a motorcycle crash and now face the financial aftermath, an attorney from our firm can help you. We advocate aggressively for our clients to receive the compensation they need to avoid financial hardship after a motorcycle accident.
You Have Limited Time to File a Lawsuit
We recommend contacting an attorney soon after the accident to give your legal team the maximum time to prepare a solid case. When you contact Gallagher & Kennedy, we can start on your case immediately and ensure that you don’t miss any deadlines.
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Phoenix Today
After sustaining injuries in a motorcycle accident, you could benefit greatly by having a strong legal advocate by your side. The skilled Phoenix personal injury attorneys at Gallagher & Kennedy can guide you through the claims process and help you file a lawsuit if necessary. Because of our vast experience, we know how to give you the best possible chance of reaching a successful outcome.
Contact our team today at (602) 530-8400 for your free consultation to learn more about your options and get your questions answered. We always want to do what’s best for our clients, and we vow to treat your case like it’s our own.
“If I could give this gentleman a six-star review I would very well do that. After representing me after I was struck by a vehicle while riding my bike. He strongly voiced my opinion, represented me, and did me the greatest outcome that I never thought would even have been possible. If you ever have the chance to have this gentleman/ attorney represent you in your case then consider that a blessing. Matthew Boatman gets my highest honor and gratitude and a special thanks to you (MATT)for representing me at times that I couldn’t represent myself. Greatly appreciated and thank you from the bottom of my hearth! I give you 6 star review!” -Alex B. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.
Gallagher Kennedy – Phoenix Office
2575 E Camelback Rd, Suite 810
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 530-8400