Phoenix Unwanted Acceleration Attorneys
Did you sustain injuries, economic losses, and/or property damage after your car accelerated unintentionally? Did someone else’s car accelerate unintentionally and hit you, causing life-altering injuries? Either way, you could qualify for financial compensation.
A Phoenix unwanted acceleration lawyer from Gallagher & Kennedy can help you sue the liable party or parties. We do all the legal work on your behalf, enabling you to focus on your recovery while receiving fair compensation. Contact us today to learn more.
What Our Phoenix Lawyers Can Do for You
Gallagher & Kennedy can protect your rights while you concentrate on treating your injury or figuring out where to go from here.
Our team handles your every legal task, big or small, such as:
- Collecting evidence from witnesses, doctors, and insurers
- Filling out paperwork on your behalf
- Determining a fair value for your case, taking into account how the accident happened and how it affected your life
- Pursuing compensation
- Communicating with all other parties and relaying their messages and offers to you
- Advising you on the best ways to present your case and respond to others
It’s normal if you still have doubts or questions about the value of retaining a Phoenix unwanted acceleration lawyer. Before hiring our law firm, you deserve the chance to sit down with us and ask us questions face-to-face.
- Provide a free consultation over the phone and tell you if you have a viable case
- Address any concerns you have about your case, including those related to legal costs or the potential length of the case
Compensation After Unwanted Acceleration Accidents
If an unwanted acceleration accident caused your injuries, we could seek compensation for your:
- Physical injuries
- Emotional and psychological trauma
- Property damage
- Medical bills
- Professional losses
Note that you only have the right to seek compensation for a specific accident once. In other words, you have just one chance to acquire all the compensation you need for present and future losses.
One of our Phoenix unwanted acceleration lawyers can fight for every penny you deserve. We may pursue some or all of the following on your behalf, depending on your needs and circumstances:
Past and Future Lost Income
Accident injuries can keep you from doing your job. Even if your employer offers you part-time work as you recover, you could still lose a great deal of the earnings that you depend on to support yourself and your family.
In your claim or lawsuit, we could ask the liable party to reimburse you for any income you lost due to the accident.
We can also request compensation for the money you expect to lose in the future due to:
- Long-term inability to work as many hours as before
- The loss of your previous employment
- The fact that your injury disqualifies you from higher-paying positions that you could have qualified for pre-accident
- The loss of job-related benefits
Past and Anticipated Medical Expenses
Receiving appropriate medical care after a speeding accident is critical.
Unfortunately, if you require very expensive or long-term treatment, you may find it difficult to afford the care you need, such as:
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Assistive devices
We do not want any of our clients to have to forego vital treatments because of a lack of funds. Our law office can fight hard for the money you need to make the fullest possible recovery from both physical and psychological injuries.
Property Damage Expenses
Many families rely on their cars to get to work, take their children to and from school, run errands, and stay connected with relatives.
You need your car, so if it sustains damage in a traffic accident, you might have to pay expenses such as:
- Repair bills for getting your car fixed
- Buying a new car, if your old one is unsalvageable
- Renting a car or taking public transportation
Compensation from the liable party could reimburse you for such costs.
All of the damages discussed so far describe economic, or financial, losses. Non-economic damages value describe the physical and mental suffering the accident caused. Such losses may not be as tangible as a medical bill or a missing paycheck, but they can have just as big an effect on your life.
Gallagher & Kennedy can seek an appropriate dollar amount for your emotional and physical pain due to:
- Distress and discomfort stemming from the injury or from the accident itself
- Reduced quality of life, such as an inability to live independently or to resume the lifestyle you enjoyed prior to the accident
- The loss or deterioration of your relationship with close relatives
- Permanent scarring or markings that permanently alter your physical appearance, self-confidence, or self-image
Unwanted Acceleration Leading to Wrongful Death
If you lost a loved one in an unwanted acceleration accident, please accept our deepest condolences for your loss. Our firm represents both personal injury and wrongful death clients. We want to help you however we can during this difficult time.
After losing someone so suddenly, you deserve the chance to recover compensation for:
- Loss of financial support
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Grief and bereavement
At the same time, you need space to process your loss. At Gallagher & Kennedy, we can make sure you get both the opportunity to seek compensation and the time to grieve in peace with your family.
Hiring an Unintended Acceleration Lawyer in Phoenix
If the prospect of filing a lawsuit leaves you feeling confused and overwhelmed, know that we want to help. Gallagher & Kennedy can make it easier for you to pursue compensation by answering and acting on the following questions:
What Legal Action Should I Take After an Unintended Acceleration Accident?
It is up to you to decide which legal action you wish to take after a car crash. Our firm can provide you with all of the information you need to make a well-informed decision.
When it comes to unintended acceleration accidents, you may have grounds to file a product liability claim or lawsuit.
Our team can examine your case, determine your options, and advise you about which course of action to take.
How Do I Build a Legal Case?
To recover compensation, you must prove that the liable party caused your injuries by behaving negligently. We build cases by carefully investigating every client’s situation.
This process may involve:
- Interviewing you, anyone who was in the car with you, and your loved ones about the accident and its effect on your life
- Interviewing the liable party about their role in the accident
- Going to the accident scene to examine the area for ourselves
- Requesting critical documentation from your insurer, your doctor, or the police officer who responded to the accident
- Tracking down witnesses who may have pertinent memories or materials we can use
- Examining photographs or video footage that show the accident and/or the damage it did
By the end of our investigation, we can tell you the liable party’s identity, your case’s monetary value, and the best way of holding the liable party accountable for their negligence.
What Paperwork Does My Legal Case Require?
Even the more straightforward lawsuits generate a lot of forms and paperwork, such as:
- Your demand letter to the liable party’s insurance company
- Documentary evidence and trial exhibits
- The settlement agreement
- Evidence requests
Our firm always handles all of the paperwork for our clients. We know that something as seemingly simple as choosing the right form can cause undue stress, and we want to relieve you of that burden.
Will My Case Go to Court?
Not necessarily. Sometimes, the liable party will offer an out-of-court settlement in an effort to wrap up the case more quickly.
If this happens:
- Do not respond to any settlement offers directly. Let us evaluate the offer to make sure it covers all of your needs. Remember: you cannot sue again in the future if you find you need more money.
- Our car accident attorney can negotiate with the liable party’s insurer to get the fairest possible offer. We can show them the evidence we have collected and argue strongly for the amount you deserve.
- We can review the settlement agreement with you. This way, you understand what you sign and have the chance to ask questions about the agreement before committing yourself to it.
In some cases, negotiations are unsuccessful or not an option. If that happens to you, your case might go to trial after all.
Our team could then represent you in the courtroom so you would not have to worry about:
- Explaining your case in a way that the jury might find persuasive
- Requesting specific trial dates or traveling to and from court every day
- Submitting evidence to the judge in accordance with established courtroom procedures
- Keeping an eye on the defense’s behavior and making sure they do not try to infringe on your rights
The judge must remain impartial in all legal matters, and the defense has an active interest in helping their own client not you succeed.
By contrast, our team’s only objective is to ensure that our clients receive fair treatment under the law and enough compensation to cover all of their losses. We can help you fight for the money you deserve, either through negotiations or taking your case to trial.
Which Brands Cause Unwanted Acceleration Accidents?
To find out if a manufacturer has recalled your vehicle for safety reasons, you can visit the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration’s (NHTSA) website. It will tell you if your car is part of a recent recall so you can take appropriate action to protect yourself.
Companies that have had issues with unwanted acceleration include:
- Toyota: It was the brand most associated with unwanted acceleration accidents. Toyota recalled millions of cars and agreed to pay settlements to those who claimed their accidents resulted from unwanted, unintended acceleration.
- Tesla: These drivers have reported similar problems with unwanted acceleration. These issues have caused numerous crashes and injuries that, in all likelihood, were Tesla’s fault, not the drivers’.
- Hyundai: Sometimes, the Ioniq EV would accelerate after the driver let off the gas pedal. Injuries and fatalities resulted from this defect. The company recalled thousands of them.
- Porsche: The model, Taycan, was recalled due to unwanted acceleration. In some cases, the software would shut down if there was a miscommunication between the pulse inverter and the drive control unit.
- Nissan: Similar to Porsche, a software problem triggered an unintended acceleration in Nissan Infiniti hybrid cars. Nissan recalled several thousands of these vehicles.
- Honda: Many drivers reported their models of the Honda HR-V suddenly accelerating and decelerating, which led to high-impact collisions.
With all that said, any manufacturer could end up selling cars with unwanted acceleration problems if they:
- Use substandard materials in their vehicles’ construction
- Employ workers who do not have the proper training to build functioning brakes or related parts
- Do not properly and thoroughly test their product before putting it on the market
- Fail to issue a timely recall once they realize there is something wrong with their cars
Did Unwanted Acceleration Cause Your Accident in Phoenix?
Gallagher & Kennedy can assign a Phoenix unwanted acceleration lawyer to your case to help you recover the damages you deserve.
Call us to schedule a meeting with a personal injury attorney in Phoenix at (602) 530-8400 for a free case review today. We take these cases on contingency, so we only collect payment if we obtain compensation for you.
Compassionate and committed, our team can handle the types of tough cases that other personal injury law firms in Pheonix, AZ will not take.
Gallagher & Kennedy — Phoenix Office
2575 E Camelback Rd, Suite 810
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 530-8400
“Professional and determined, GK and Austin Kurtz we’re a delight to work with. I’ve worked with several other top firms in town over the years and have had the best overall experience with GK.” – Hunter R. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Read more of our Google reviews.