Phoenix Rideshare Accident Attorneys
With Uber and Lyft, travelers can hail cost-effective rides on demand. People often view rideshare transportation as a safer alternative to driving — especially after drinking. Despite this, Uber and Lyft drivers make all the same mistakes as other drivers, such as speeding, driving while drowsy, and driving under the influence.
If you suffered an injury in a rideshare accident in Phoenix, Gallagher & Kennedy can help you obtain compensation. Providing effective representation to Arizona car crash victims is what we do. You can depend on our Phoenix rideshare accident lawyers to develop a strong case for you.
The Advantages of Working With Us
- Our attorneys understand the rideshare industry, including when you can hold Uber or Lyft or their insurance companies legally responsible for accidents involving their drivers.
- If necessary, will take your case to court to achieve the best results.
- Our law firm has served Phoenix for more than 44 years.
- The rideshare accident lawyers at our firm operate on a contingency fee arrangement, which means we don’t charge a fee unless we win.
Our Process for Proving Your Case and Recovering Damages
We can handle your case if you have suffered an injury in an Uber or Lyft rideshare accident in Phoenix.
Our firm handles all aspects of your case, such as:
- Collecting evidence
- Obtain copies of police reports
- Obtain medical records
- Interview medical experts
- Conduct interviews with witnesses
- Consult with accident reconstruction specialists
You place yourself at a major disadvantage if you attempt to handle your claim alone. Often, insurance companies use delay-and-deny tactics to avoid offering fair settlements to unrepresented clients.
Uber and Lyft are notorious for avoiding liability for collisions, so winning a case against them can present challenges that non-lawyers cannot overcome.
Hiring a Phoenix rideshare accident attorney from Gallagher & Kennedy can optimize your odds of achieving financial recovery.
Ridesharing disrupted the taxi services industry. Regulations and rules for each are entirely different. Rideshare companies are Transportation Network Companies (TNCs).
Taxi companies are not TNCs. State (and sometimes city) laws and regulations subject TNCs to special licensing, insurance, permit, and compliance requirements in Arizona. Taxi drivers are subject to different rules. Taxis are generally more heavily regulated than rideshares.
With a rideshare app, a rider can hail a vehicle. A rideshare vehicle charges customers per trip rather than per minute spent in transit. However, rideshare prices are prone to price surges. Within minutes, someone can summon a rideshare vehicle to a person’s location on-demand. Depending on the location, a taxi typically takes longer to arrive.
In addition to fingerprint checks and in-person interviews, taxi companies have a more comprehensive hiring process. The taxi companies thoroughly investigate their drivers’ criminal and driving backgrounds. Uber and Lyft, on the other hand, do not meet their drivers or run fingerprints on them before they pick up passengers. Driver training and vehicle maintenance are also responsibilities of taxi companies. Rideshare drivers maintain their own vehicles and are responsible for their driving skills.
Drivers are not reimbursed for vehicle maintenance or repairs by rideshare companies. As a result, drivers may be less likely to maintain their vehicles properly.
The law classifies drivers for Uber and Lyft as independent contractors in Arizona. Since a driver is not technically an employee of the company, the company cannot be held vicariously liable for their actions. Uber and Lyft are not entirely immune from liability, however. If a ride was in progress at the time of the collision, both companies have $1 million insurance policies to cover rider injuries.
In most cases, a driver who is off-duty when your collision occurs will be liable for the damages you suffer. You must contact the driver’s personal insurance provider to file a claim. A rideshare company’s insurance provider might cover your damages. You can file a claim against the correct party in Arizona with the assistance of a rideshare accident lawyer from Gallagher & Kennedy.
Insurance coverage is a complex subject in the aftermath of a rideshare accident. A crash recovery may involve multiple insurance companies representing the rideshare company, the driver, the passenger, or a third party.
A Phoenix rideshare accident lawyer can help determine which companies are responsible for your injuries.
- The at-fault driver: Auto insurance will cover victims’ damages if a driver outside of the rideshare vehicle caused the collision. Victims can also claim damages from other at-fault parties, such as the ity or town or a vehicle manufacturer. Insurance companies will pay damages on behalf of a driver if they are found liable.
- The rideshare driver: Rideshare policies require private insurance plans for all Uber and Lyft drivers. Arizona requires minimum insurance of $25,000 per person for bodily injury, $50,000 per accident, and $15,000 for property damage liability. For injured victims and passengers, the driver’s insurance will be the primary source of recovery.
- The rideshare company: Insurance policies for Uber and Lyft have a maximum of $1 million. Rideshare drivers will be covered when they log into the app and become available to take rides. When drivers log on but have not accepted a ride, their insurance maximums will be 50/100/25 and $1 million when they carry passengers.
To determine which insurance company is responsible for your injuries and damages after a rideshare accident, you or your lawyer must identify the at-fault party.
Additionally, you will need to determine what phase of the ride you were in when the accident occurred. You may be entitled to compensation from one or more parties. Financial recovery can be maximized by filing with the right company. For more information about insurance coverage for your Uber or Lyft accident, contact Gallagher & Kennedy today.
Ridesharing-Related Assault Risks
Getting into a vehicle with a stranger can subject you to criminal activity, including assault, robbery, abduction, and homicide. That goes for drivers as well as riders.
Should this happen to you, report what happened to the police right away, seek medical treatment for any injuries you sustained, then contact Gallagher & Kennedy. Our Phoenix rideshare accident lawyers can investigate your case, uncover evidence to support your allegations, and pursue the compensation and justice you deserve.
Do You Qualify for Compensation?
Injury victims are taken care of by the plaintiffs’ attorneys at Gallagher & Kennedy. Taking legal action on behalf of people who have suffered damages because of the negligent or reckless actions of another party is something we are passionate about.
You can receive payments for damages such as medical expenses, physical pain, emotional anguish, disabilities, lost earnings capacity, wrongful death, and property damage repairs. Contact us to discuss your case’s potential value.
An accident involving a rideshare vehicle can have devastating consequences. Individuals in the accident can suffer life-altering and catastrophic injuries, including fractured bones, head and brain injuries, injuries to the back and spine, whiplash, muscle tears, lacerations, burns, and internal injuries. In addition to physical injuries, trauma can cause significant distress, anguish, grief, and a loss of quality of life.
If you suffered an injury in a rideshare accident, you might recover compensation.
- Medical expenses: Most successful rideshare accident claims result in compensation for victims’ past and future medical costs. As a result of your Uber or Lyft accident, you may have to pay ambulance fees, hospital visits, surgeries, medications, medical devices, live-in care, ongoing therapy, and rehabilitation costs.
- Property damage: You can recover the costs of car repairs or the replacement of a totaled vehicle. While you wait for your car repairs, the at-fault party’s insurance company may cover the cost of a rental vehicle.
- Lost wages: Serious personal injury can keep you out of work for days, months, or even the rest of your life. A crash-related disability may entitle you to recover past and future financial losses. You can calculate your future lost earning capacity with the help of a lawyer.
- Pain and suffering: Under Arizona civil law, victims can recover both non-economic and economic damages. Psychological trauma, physical pain, and emotional suffering all fall under this category. You may be entitled to compensation for depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, grief, and many other intangible losses.
Courts can determine a claim’s value by the severity and extent of your injuries. The court will also consider the at-fault party’s actions and your age, health, income, and disability level. You can also receive more money for a rideshare accident claim if your accident lawyer is skilled during settlement negotiations or litigation.
What to Do if Your Uber or Lyft Driver Is in an Accident
In most aspects, rideshare accidents are no different from other accidents. In each case, you should:
- Call the police.
- Accept medical care from paramedics on the scene.
- Remain at the scene until responders transport you for medical treatment.
- See a medical professional as soon as possible if you don’t receive treatment at the accident scene.
- Contact a Phoenix rideshare accident lawyer.
Submit a feedback report to Uber or Lyft following a rideshare accident. You will receive information regarding your insurance claim eligibility from the rideshare company.
We can help victims who have suffered severe or catastrophic injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident in Arizona. As Uber and Lyft accident attorneys, we have helped many clients seek financial compensation for their injuries. One of our Phoenix personal injury attorneys can answer any questions you may have about your case.
“Professional and determined, GK and Austin Kurtz we’re a delight to work with. I’ve worked with several other top firms in town over the years and have had the best overall experience with GK.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ -Hunter R.
Read more of our Google Reviews!
Gallagher & Kennedy – Phoenix Office
2575 E Camelback Rd, Suite 810
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 530-8400