Phoenix Self-Driving Car Accident Lawyer
Companies like Tesla assure us that self-driving cars are the way of the future. But in the present, self-driving cars have not yet lived up to their potential—and some safety advocates argue the technology will never work as promised. Self-driving cars continue to cause accidents and severe injuries to passengers, pedestrians, and others. Complicating matters is the question of who caused a crash when no one was behind the wheel.
If you suffered injuries in a self-driving car accident, the team at Gallagher & Kennedy wants to step up and protect your rights. Our self-driving car accident attorneys have more than 40 years of personal injury experience and can help you demand compensation for your injuries. We offer the resources and skills of a major firm with the individual touch of a boutique shop, and we do not charge any attorney fees unless you recover compensation Contact our auto accident lawyers online or call us today for your free consultation.
Why Hire Our Self-Driving Car Accident Attorneys for Your Case?
Who you hire to represent you can make a substantial difference in the outcome of your case. You must choose your law firm carefully when so much is on the line.
Here are a few reasons to consider our Phoenix personal injury lawyers at Gallagher & Kennedy to handle your self-driving car accident case:
- Our experience. Understanding the law is one thing, but knowing how to make the law work for your clients takes years of hard-won experience. Our firm has practiced law for 40 years, and that history makes us better advocates for our clients. We will use all our combined knowledge and experience to protect your rights after an accident.
- Our results. The best way to judge a law firm is by the results they achieve for their clients. We are proud of our track record and have secured hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. While we cannot promise you any particular amount for your injuries, we will fight for every dollar of compensation we can.
- Our client reviews. Would you trust a mechanic if you knew people regularly had bad experiences at their shop? Probably not. The same idea is true for lawyers. We are proud to be a Most Admired Company in Arizona, a distinction we received for two consecutive years. Our clients rave about us in their reviews. Read what they have to say about us on our testimonials page.
- Our approach. We pride ourselves on the complexity of the cases we handle and our collaborative approach. Lawsuits involving self-driving vehicles are a relatively new field of litigation, one of which we are at the forefront.
- Our resources. We have more than a dozen attorneys on staff and an extensive network of support personnel to meet your legal needs. No matter what kind of help you need or when you need it, we will do whatever we can to simplify your life and ease the burden of your injuries.
Notable Personal Injury Case Results
At Gallagher & Kennedy, we are proud of the results we have achieved on our clients’ behalves. Some of our notable results include:
- $10 million for the family of a child hit by a distracted driver
- $4.5 million for a client hit by a cement truck
- $60 million for a group of plaintiffs who suffered injuries or whose family members died in three bus crashes
- $17 million from General Motors after one of their vehicles killed a woman when the transmission slipped from park to reverse
- $9.9 million recovered after a woman died when the throttle in her car became stuck
- $4.5 million recovered after a woman suffered injuries in a crash due to a defective seat
- $3 million for a client injured by a defective tire
Areas Where Self-Driving Car Accidents Are Common
Self-driving car accidents are most common in areas where lawmakers have permitted automakers to test their autonomous vehicles.
Arizona is one of these accident hotspots. In 2015, Arizona governor Doug Ducey issued an executive order that outlined regulations for allowing self-driving vehicles in the state. This order led to a flood of self-driving vehicles in the state and a number of high-profile crashes. According to news reports, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration recorded 12 accidents in Arizona involving self-driving cars in less than a year.
The reality is that traffic in Phoenix is too congested and the patterns remain too complicated for today’s most sophisticated computers to safely drive a car without vigilant human supervision. Turning the car over to a computer—even one named Autopilot—should constitute negligence and subject the driver to liability if an accident ensues.
Compensation After a Self-Driving Car Accident
The compensation you could receive after a self-driving car accident depends mainly on the extent of your injuries and financial losses from the crash. Furthermore, you can break down the compensation from a personal injury case into two major categories.
The first category of compensation in a personal injury case is economic damages.
Economic damages are the direct financial losses you incur due to an accident and include things like:
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earnings
- Medical bills
- Damaged personal property
The other main category of compensation in a personal injury case is non-economic damages. Non-economic damages are the more subjective harms related to an accident that do not have a fixed dollar value.
Non-economic damages in a self-driving car accident case may include compensation for things like:
- Physical pain & suffering
- Psychological distress
- Diminished quality of life
The companies that manufacture and sell self-driving vehicles have deep pockets and large legal teams. They might try to shift the blame for an accident onto you, especially if you were nominally the vehicle’s driver at the time of the accident. However, these companies have a responsibility to put out safe products—and when they do not, they can be liable for the conseuences. If an autonomous vehicle company tries to say you are at fault for an accident, get in touch with an attorney immediately.
Contact a Self-Driving Car Accident Attorney Now
Despite what self-driving car manufacturers tell us, these vehicles are not entirely safe. In fact, they have led to severe injuries and even deaths. The self-driving car accident lawyers at Gallagher & Kennedy know what it takes to hold these companies accountable for their dangerous products. Call us today at (602) 530-8400 or visit our contact page for a free consultation.
“Professional and determined, GK and Austin Kurtz we’re a delight to work with. I’ve worked with several other top firms in town over the years and have had the best overall experience with GK.”
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ -Hunter R.
Read more of our Google Reviews!
Gallagher & Kennedy – Phoenix Office
2575 E Camelback Rd, Suite 810
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Tel: (602) 530-8400