Tyler earned his Juris Doctor from Sandra Day O’Connor, College of Law in 2021. After his second year of law school, Tyler was a summer associate at Gallagher & Kennedy, where he was able to acquaint himself with many aspects of the firm’s practice including researching and drafting pleadings, motions, and memoranda concerning appellate law, commercial litigation, mass tort litigation, and employment law. He participated in mediation settlements, depositions, and federal and state court hearings.
Tyler graduated law school Order of the Coif and Order of the Barristers with a Certificate in Trial Advocacy. During law school, Tyler served as an extern for the Honorable Kenton D. Jones at the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division One, where he drafted a published opinion on a matter of first impression and learned the inner-workings of appellate law. He also worked as a Student Tutor in civil procedure, contracts, torts, and legal writing. He served as both an Articles Editor for the Arizona State Law Journal and Problem Drafting Chair for the Executive Moot Court Board. With his love of writing, Tyler has written five published articles and one book.
Tyler received a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Justice Studies from Barrett, the Honors College at Arizona State University in 2017 where he was Valedictorian and Dean’s Medalist for the School of Social Transformation.
Honors & Awards
- Order of the Coif
- Order of the Barristers
- CALI Awards for Excellence in Criminal Law and Legal Method & Writing
- High Distinction for Pro Bono Work
- How to Get Away with Armed Bank Robbery, 47 VT. L. REV., forthcoming January 2023
- How to be Happy: A Virtue Ethics Account for Maximizing Enjoyment, Evian Press, 2021
- The NCAA’s Legal Fight Against CTE, 17 Sports Litigation Alert 168, 2020
- Professional Athletes & Video Games: An Analysis of the Transformative Use Test, 17 Sports Litigation Alert 48, 2020
- Tampa Bay Rays Face Class Action Suit Involving TCPA: Ethical Implications & Evaluation, 15 Sports Litigation Alert 339, 2018
- Moral Responsibility, Commercial Fraud, & College Basketball: Bowens II v. Adidas, 15 Sports Litigation Alert 417, 2018