While in law school, Shayna interned for one summer at Gallagher & Kennedy, where she was able to acquaint herself with all aspects of the firm’s practice, including: drafting demand letters, pleadings, and memoranda concerning anti-trust litigation, commercial property disputes, commercial contract litigation, personal injury and wrongful death actions, and criminal defense.
Shayna was an O’Connor Honors Fellow and graduated with a certificate in trial advocacy. She received CALI Excellence Awards in Appellate Advocacy, Bankruptcy, Plea Bargaining, Public Defender Clinic, Evidence, Constitutional Law, and Legal Method and Writing. Additionally, Shayna received the following honors/awards in law school:
- Dean’s Award for Academic Performance and Contributions to the College of Law
- Pro Bono Service with Distinction
- Spring and Fall 2021 Willard H. Pedrick Scholar
- 2020–21 Vis International Arbitration Moot Court Advocate
- Best Oralist Award (Plaintiff/Respondent) for Legal Advocacy