Bill’s courtroom and litigation experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants brings a fresh perspective and provides a significant advantage to his clients, which is one of the reasons he is retained again and again to prosecute and defend the most complex and challenging of matters.
When defending the rights of plaintiffs, Bill’s experience involves everything from catastrophic personal injury claims to complex commercial litigation disputes, including large-scale class action prosecution of claims for securities fraud, consumer fraud, professional liability, aiding and abetting liability, and qui tam cases, among others. He is appreciated for devising unique, fact-driven arguments that, when combined with his understanding of the substantive legal issues, result in persuading opposing counsel, judges, and juries alike.
- Counsel for plaintiffs in catastrophic motor vehicle collision resulting in $1.65 million settlement.
- Co-counsel for plaintiffs in consumer fraud class action against the nation’s largest provider of residential security systems resulting in a $16 million nationwide class action settlement.
- Obtained seven-figure settlement on behalf of plaintiff investors in mass action lawsuit filed against large, national banking association for the bank’s alleged role in aiding and abetting a $30 million Ponzi scheme.
- Secured seven-figure settlement in mass tort action lawsuit against owners and operators of mobile home park for alleged fraudulent omissions and representations.
- Successfully argued before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and obtained reversal of the District Court’s Rule 12(b)(6) dismissal of plaintiffs’ class action claims brought under Arizona’s Securities Act against directors and officers of an Arizona-based marketing company that previously published one of the largest in-flight catalogs.
- Co-counsel for plaintiffs in multi-state class action lawsuit arising out of a data breach at one of Arizona’s largest hospitals resulting in court-approved class action settlement.
- Co-counsel for plaintiffs in aiding and abetting litigation against large, international law firm resulting in settlement.
- Second-chaired four (4) week jury trial in Mohave County Superior Court resulting in a defense verdict.
- Successfully briefed and argued Rule 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss alleging complex insurance coverage issues.
- Obtained dismissal of Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustee’s claims for conspiracy to commit fraudulent transfer leveled against Arizona law firm in United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona.
- Co-chair in three (3) week bench trial for limited partnership in complex quiet title action in Maricopa County Superior Court. The trial court awarded the limited partnership fee title to the commercial property, along with all of its attorneys’ fees. The court of appeals affirmed on all grounds.